We are Newham Cyclists, part of the London Cycling Campaign (LCC).
We are a grassroots volunteer group who campaign to make cycling in the London borough of Newham safer and more enjoyable for everyone. If you are an LCC member and live in Newham, you are automatically a member of Newham Cyclists too.
Newham Cyclists and LCC exist to break down barriers to cycling, and help people of all ages, all races, all genders, all abilities, and all backgrounds access this cheap and convenient form of transport. We believe cycling should be for everyone, not just the fast and the brave. We don’t insist on any fancy kit—you should just be able to get on your cycle and ride.
Our volunteers organise regular rides, meetings and Fix Your Ride stalls, campaign on cycling issues in the borough, and provide outreach cycling support to local community groups.
You can join us by becoming a member of the London Cycling Campaign. Members get loads of benefits: liability insurance and legal advice if you’re ever in a crash, discounts at bike shops, a quarterly magazine, and more. You can join as an individual or for everyone in your household. Over-60s, under-25s, and unwaged people get a discount. And you’ll be helping us make cycling a mainstream, inclusive, and convenient mode of transport for everyone in Newham and beyond. The more members we have, the stronger our voice is.
You can also get involved by:
- Signing up to our mailing list to receive updates on upcoming events and issues of interest in Newham
- Coming to one of our led rides, which take place monthly on Sunday morning
- Joining our email discussion group, which we use to co-ordinate activities and post notices
- Coming along to our meetings, which are usually (but not always) on the last Monday of the month. Everyone is welcome, but you will need to be a Newham-resident LCC member to vote in elections
- Getting in touch with any questions via email or Twitter