We fitted in a lot of decisions and a lot of discussion. Â Please note the many dates for your diary.
- To run a stall at Forest Gate Festival onÂ 21 JuneÂ and ensure one way or another that there was also a Dr Bike. Also to explore the possibility of a bike marking session from the Met Police.Â Â Let me know if you could do a stint on the tall for however long or short a period.
- To man a stall at the Forest Gate flea market onÂ 18 MayÂ (subject to confirmation that we can). Â This could be used for the Space for Cycling Campaign which will still be current. Â Again if you could do a stint let me know.
- To run a feeder ride with Tower Hamlets to the LCC central London ride onÂ 17 MayÂ co-ordinating also with Redbridge. Â There will be a met in forest Gate and a fixed pick up at a suitable point in Stratford. Â We will go through the Olympic Park and by canal to the Green Bridge to meet Tower Hamlets Wheelers. Â Again let me know if you would like to assist (essentially backmarking the group).
- Our fourth Newham Ride will be onÂ 7 SeptemberÂ (subject to being able to access Cody Dock).
- To print business type cards to distribute with our contact details. Â Bill’s mock up met with universal delight.
- To update our general leaflet and get it professionally printed.
- To add Â British Cycling rides in and around the Olympic Park and the Lea Valley to our events calendar.
- To design and purchase a pop up banner.
- To explore the possibilities for publicity in the margins of the Tour de France onÂ 7 July.
- To categorise our rides.
- To run the Rainham March ride onÂ 5 October
- To publicise convenient group rides -Â 20 JulyÂ to Southend andÂ 27 JulyÂ to Cambridge.
- To convert our next meeting into an evening ride around the Olympic Park ending up at the Â Brewery Tap cafe in Forest Gate. Â Due to Bank Holiday (when there will not be our usual Monday meeting) this will take place onÂ Tuesday 3 JuneÂ starting at Forest Gate market site (corner of Sebert and Woodgrange Roads) at 7.00pm aiming to get back to the cafe at 8.30pm. Â Please note that this is a change of date from that discussed at the meeting due to availability of the cafe. Â As it will be opening specially for us can youÂ please let me know if you are wishing to come along, so we have an idea of numbers.
As if all that was not enough we also managed to fit discussion on the reaction from local candidates to the space for Cycling Campaign (poor, despite our efforts which were selected for special plaudits by the LCC) and an in depth discussion of cycle provisions and culture in the light of the recent presentation at the Dutch embassy.
A final date reminder – ride to the petrified oaks of Mundon deep in the Essex countryside onÂ 24 August.Â
Thanks to everyone for their contributions to a lively meeting.