Our meeting took place on 27 April at Coffee E7. Â As usual lively
- We discussed the wide ranging review meeting which took place with the Newham Council Sustainable Transport Officer onÂ 24 April. Â Further details are annexedÂ below.
- We looked at the slack.com communication platform and decided to trial it for a couple of months with a view to replacing the Yahoo Group (if the trial turns out successful). (if you would like to participate in the trial and did not give your name at the meeting please indicate this via our e-mail address)
- We discussed future rides and were grateful to Steve for volunteering to be our ride co-ordinator.
- We decided to take the opportunity of publicising our group at (1) the Newham show, (2) the Forest Gate Festival and (3) the monthly Dr Bike sessions in Stratford.
- The next Newham Ride is 2 May (see calendar).
- The committee will be meeting Sustrans and the new Newham Council project officer in relation to the Quietways.
- We will be riding the route of theÂ proposed “A 406 Quietway” with Sustrans and Newham Council.
Issues discussed with Richard Wadey (Newham Council Sustainable Transport Officer) 24 April 2015
- Â LIP projects: mostÂ Â ward audit schemes slated this year as “early winners”” have been implements or are shortly to beÂ implemented Â – mostly around Stratford and associated with the Greenway Diversion.Â
- Next year priorities likely to be contraflows around Stratford/Plaistow N and A 406 route – see below). We drew attention to need for priority to be along proposed quietways i.e. Ismailia Rd FG.
- Â Royal Docks: separately funded and opening up a route north of Albert Rd. We pressed for improvement to crossing of road to London City Airport.Â
- Gallions Roundabout: separately funded. Our priority is widening path to Cyprus and ensuring traffic crossing on all legs.Â
- A 406 QW: Sustrans have done initial scoping and land ownership looks helpful, as key plots owned by LBN, or TFL or (ultimately) AM Trust.Â Northern section is most direct if it follows road rather than Little Ilford Park.
- QEOP: There is a proper plan for Penny Brookes St, Montfichet Rd and Westfield Ave.Â These now need funding but this may come from neighbouring developments.Â
- Quietways: Henniker Rd the preferrred route for northern QW.Â LBN have appointed a project manager who we are arranging to meet with Sustrans in May.Â We agreed with Richard that junctionsÂ s are key (Leyton Rd, Leytonstone Rd, Dames Rd, Woodgrange Rd, Forest Drive.)Â
- Leaway: land for route south of Cody Dock likely to become available shortly.Â Plans already developed for Canning Town subject to some minor issues.Â
- Stratford Gyratory design sessions to take place this summer.
- Newham Cycle Strategy should be put in place 2015/6.Â Â We supported the idea of a detailed strategy drawing , for example, on ward audit projects.