Eight of us made it to the latest, Littile Ilford, round of our tour of Community Centres. Highlights –
- We discussed the logistics of the planned ride to the Newham Firework Display – details to be confirmed.
- We decided that November’s meeting will be a social to which partner organisations will be invited.
- We started our thinking on our rides calendar for next year. Steve will bring a draft to our next meeting.
- We discussed what options were available to replace the Yahoo Group which was becoming limited and whose future is uncertain. We decided to continue to use the website as the main archive and to try out Groups.io; but leave other options, with different functionality, open. We also agreed that there should be an additional site administrator in LCC HQ.
- We decided to put in a detailed response to the proposed Waltham Forest/Newham Low Traffic Neighbourhood based on our earlier response advocating 5 “traffic cells”. The Infrastructure Group were tasked to put this together in the light of any plans already in place from the Council and in liaison Waltham Forest Cyclists. In the meantime individuals were encoraged to add there comments to the consultative interactive map which closes on 14 November. The major rat runs of Cemetery Rd and Odessa Rd were identified. Also the need to protect Quietway 6 which crosses this area.
- Olympic Park “quick wins” have been submitted to the LLDC consultant, and the signs were that the MSG Development was likely to be brought back.
- Schools Streets are being launched on 11 November at the Chobham Academy and Woodrange/Godwin Schools. We hope to have a presence to encourage cycling.
- We identified a need to liaise with the newborn Redbridge Group in support to the “Ilford Gardens” development.
- Various other infrastructure improvements were identified. These have gone on our list of cycling issues which we plan to discuss with Newham Council officers at a forthcoming catch up meeting with them.