Mostly a social meeting with excellent cheeseÂ and beer. Â Nevertheless some business transacted as there is still a lot going on.
- Crossrail funding had come through for environmental improvements around Maryland, Forest Gate andÂ Manor Park Stations. Â Forest Gate Councillors have been invited to attend our next meeting to discuss the plans for Forest Gate Â which will take place on 26 January. Â Councillor Patel of Manor Park had agreed to pre-consultation on those for Manor Park which is planned for mid January. Â If you are interested in attending the Manor Park meeting please contact us through the details provided on this site.
- We are now in possession of an excellent A3Â map of Newham streets showing all of the 495Â small improvements to improve cycle permeability. Â It will be available for close inspection at our next meeting at the end of January.
- Discussions are continuing between TfL and Newham Council on the Aldgate to Hainault Quietway on whichÂ we have provided input. Â There is emerging recognition from both bodies of the potential for a network of quietways, as per our vision.
- Arnold will be visiting the Outdoors in the City Project on 29 November to explore the possibilities of co-ordination withÂ Â Community Links, who run a cycle club there. Â If anyone is interested in coming along get in touch with Arnold through the contact details on this site.
- There was an update on the sorry saga of CS2 at Tramway Avenue.
- The meeting was keen for the group to runÂ a variety of rides next year- including someÂ Â Newham based Â ones providing variations on the traditional Newham Ride, Â some slightly longerÂ rides and a call for the popular summer evening series of rides. Â We will be putting togetherÂ a programme shortly so volunteer leaders very welcome.
- Stratford Gyratory is moving up the agenda of TFL junction improvements and the CommitteeÂ will work out some thoughts for presentation at the January meeting.