Despite gathering gloom 12 of us made it for a ride down Quietway 6 and around the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park where Jonathan explained developments, or lack of developments (as the case may be) at Temple Mills Lane, Abercrombie Rd, Northwall, Waterden Rd and Monier Rd Bridge and Westfield Avenue.
At a short meeting afterwards there were the following matters were discussed:
- We agreed to invite the LLDC Sustainable Transport Officer to our October meeting – due on 25 October. This is likely to take place by Zoom.
- There is a ride along the Roding Way on 1 October with representatives from Stephen Timms’ Office and Newham Council.
- On the same day there is a resumption of our catch up meetings with Newham Council. It will be based around a revised chart of cycling issues. If you have any additional suggestions of cycling issues you would like raised please get into contact with me; including gaps in existing cycling provision.
- We agreed to a further round of bike fixing and rides with the children’s cycling club of “Ambition, Aspire, Achieve” on suitable Saturdays. Further notices will go out to find suitable dates but if you would like to participate please get in touch with me.
- Next rides are: a short Bike from Boleyn linked to the West Ham game on 3 October and a Newham Ride on 10 October.
- We have been busy with Fix Your Ride stalls at Woodgrange Market and the Carpenters Estate. The next Woodgrange Fix Your Ride is 9 October.
- Consultation responses have been submitted on 2 minor changes to the existing Low traffic Neighbourhoods and to Thames Water in respect of the weight limit on Stratford High Street.
- Jonathan is continuing to film major local cycling routes. If you would like to help in this enterprise get in touch with me.
If you would like any further information on any of the above please get in touch with me.