A well attended and lively meeting on 25 September.
- A Greenway Activity Plan proposed by Newham Council to encourage use of the Greenway. A number of us were happy to volunteer to ride the Greenway at different times to encourage use of the Greenway and keep our eye out for maintenance issues. Also we might bring “Fix Your Ride” there on suitable and pre-publicised occasions. If you are interested in participating in either of these activities let me know.
- We will continue participation, as far as we can, in Community Roadwatch, which undertakes speed checks with the police which can result in reminder letters to speeding drivers. This with a view to being able to suggest a wider variety of roads for this exercise in future.
- We discussed a general paper on Cycling in Newham aimed at Councillors. This will be finalised.
- We agreed to continue our partnership with AAA cycle club for children at Canning Town. There will be a final “Fix Your Ride” session at the Arc on 11 November and we will factor in participation in our planning for next year.
- There was general approval for our future meetings to be held in different parts of the borough.
- Steve, the Ride Coordinator, will start planning our ride calendar for 2018 and welcomes ideas for rides and volunteers for leading them.