- We were sympathetic to a collective response to the latest river crossing consultation.
It is Â available here: Â tfl.gov.uk/new-river-crossingsÂ Â Do respond as an individual if you are so inclined but whether you do or not let me know what you think and I will collate a newham cycllists response. Â The consultation closes 12 September.
- Cody Dock, a regular stop on our Newham Ride has been shortlisted for a publicly voted grant (Â£120,000) for a wild flower park. Â I will let you know when polling is open.
- Newham and TfL, with assistance from us, are continuing to look at possible quietways and have looked Â at: Greenway improvements, a possible Roding Valley way, a northern route from Stratford to Ilford and the Forest Gate to North Woolwich route. Â These, with the Lea Valley (which is already planned and funded), a southern west-east route (which emerged during the ward audits) and from hte Excel to UEL, would make an excellent foundation for a Newham network of quietways.
- We will consider the Space for Cycling follow up in September.
- We are progressing with the possibility of making our 7 September Newham Ride a Councillor focussed rideg; and a meeting with Councillor Christie, who has been notified of recent instances of disappearing cycle racks and registered his concern.
- We decided to Â participate with Atkins in their survey of freight traffic on Stratford High St (see below)
- We agreed to contribute to Olawale attending the cycle design courses run by Urban Design for London.
- I am awaiting a meeting with Council officers on Crossrail improvements around Manor Park station. Â If you would like to see the (very early pictures) and comment please let me know.
- The 25 bus route has been chosen to trial a sensor system to improve cycle safety.
- Our next meeting will be on 1 September (venue to be confirmed but probably Coffee E7). Â A representative from Atkins will be attending to consult on freight in Stratford High St.
- The Essex ride is on 24 August.