The meeting was held at the AAA ARC in Plaistow (“in-person” format)and via Zoom (“virtual format”).
Many thanks to Arnold, Jonathan and Bill for getting the Zoom set-up done.
The readout from the last Newham Cyclists Annual Meeting (27 June 2022) meeting was agreed, as were the NC Accounts for 2022-23, and the NC Budget for 2023-24 (including a sum for website hosting) after a good discussion and deliberation session on these financial documents.
We decided that we would ask for the annual LCC Grant but deferred on the question whether we would donate any payment for running the Freecycle feeder back to LCC.
Bill Bremner and Thom Sanders were thanked for their work as Treasurer/Deputy Treasurer and their particular work on producing the NC financial statements/documents on time.
The following Officers/NC Committee members were elected having been duly nominated and seconded:
- NC Co-ordintor: Olawale Ajibola,
- NC Deputy Co-ordinator and Olympic Park Representative: Jonathan Rothwell,
- NC Secretary: vacant,
- NC Treasurer: Thom Sanders,
- NC Deputy Treasurer: Bill Bremner,
- NC Rides Co-ordinator: Steve Smith,
- NC Infrastructure Representative: Chris Kershaw,
- Communications and Outreach Co-ordinator: Karen Flanagan,
- NC Community Infrastructure (Fund) lead: vacant.
On stepping down from the NC committee (i.e. Better Streets for Newham liason post), Karena was thanked for her work for Newham Cyclists over the years.
The following “Any Other Business” items were raised:
- We agreed to look further into providing teaching on bike maintenance to the AAA children’s cycle club and a Fix Your Ride stall to the local Community at the ARC. If you would like to participate please get in touch.
- We have committed to provide a feeder ride to the Freecycle on 28 May. Before then there are many opportunities for training as a marshal. If you are interested in training please get in touch.
- We agreed to support (but not run) a Kidicle Mass event in the QEOP on 2 July.
- We agreed to participate in a forthcoming podcast on the QEOP.
- We agreed a system of rotating chairs for future meetings.
- Our next meeting will be Monday 26 June 2023 and potentially include an evening ride (weather permitting).
- We will publicise this and provide other publicity material at the Forest Lane Park Green Fair in Forest Gate on 1 May.
- We established a working group to refresh the website.