Quite a few live issues to discuss, particularly following a series of infrastructure meetings with Newham Council and LLDC in November.
- Our last scheduled ride is the traditional Christmas Lights Ride on 11 December.
- In relation to current infrastructure issues we discussed (a) a potential audit in the New Year of the area in Forest Gate bounded by Upton Lane, Wyatt Rd and Romford Rd, where residents are pressing for a low traffic neighbourhood; (b) the timetable for the proposed Woodgrange and Capel low traffic neighbourhoods; (c) significant funded proposals for improving Romford Rd as an active travel corridor; (d) proposed additional measures for complementing the low traffic neighbourhoods that have recently been made permanent; (e) our proposed response to the Stratford Station consultation; (f) Olympic Park developments relating to Montfichet Rd and Chobham Manor; (g) our proposed response to the Beckton District Parks Masterplan consultation (h) the opportunity to leverage development funds for the Roding Path from a proposed development in Jenkins Lane.
- We have continued our partnership with Ambition, Aspire, Achieve in November by providing maintenance of children’s bikes and leading and enjoyable ride around the QEOP and Hackney Marsh. We are looking to do a further maintenance session before Christmas.
- We agreed to hold a Christmas Social at the Wanstead Tap on 12 December from 7.00pm (details on our Events page) and provide bread and cheese as in previous years.
- We agreed to invite Su Guy from Newham Council to our next regular monthly meeting on 30 January 2023.
As usual if you would like further information on any of the above please get in touch.