- I have received notice from the Council of some new proposed traffic orders. Â They y would introduce one way traffic to Sandringham Road and Cramner Rd in Forest Gate. Â This appears to be linked to control of the school run becase it is accompanied by additional parking restrictions. I would be happy to forward the details to anyone interested. A response must be submitted by 14 January. Â I suggest that, in principle, further one way streets should not be encouraged in residential areas and is also Â inconsistent with the aim of permeability in such areas of urban Newham. If there must be one way streets then we should advocate cycle contraflows. Â Let me know what you think.Arnold
In the past month
- Our suggestions for Henniker Rd and Oxford Rd in Stratford have been taken up by Newham Council.
- LCC have submitted objections to the cycle facilities in and around the new Chobham Manor development in the Olympic Park, which dispay the usual tendency of developments in the Olympic Park to provide the minimumcycle provision required by planning guidance and dress up poor quality facilities as something good for cyclists.
- We have participated in a post implementation audit of the CS2 extension which picked up lots of small points where the provision is unecessarily sub-optimal. These will be recorded for future reference but the main priority was seen as improving CS2 from Bow to Aldgate (including the Bow flyover).
- Karena is attending the seminar on Thursday hosted by our London Assembly Member, John Biggs, on CS2. We disussed our main bugbears, but if you have any you would like to draw attention to please post them on this site for Karena to take up.
- The Bike Jumble Sale at the view tube will also have bike marking. There are still some spaces if you would like to have a stall there.
- Our annual meeting will be on 31 March 2014.
- We will be looking to run Newham Rides on 15 March (linked to Velodrome event); either the beginning or the end of Kike Week (whihc is 15-22 June), 8 July (the day after the London stage of the Tour de France) and 20 September (the Waterfront Festival). Planning will continue on these and longer rides over the winter. Possibly also a ride linked to WWI commemorations.
- In addition to co-ordinating with Tower Hamlets Wheelers next year we will publicise the Hackey Cyclists series of social rides.
- This was our main item of discussion. The experimental pilot is going well. If you would like to see it, the current temporary address is
Please bear in mind that this is the exprimnetal site as is the existing content, which is not to be relied upon. All feedback on the layout of the site and what you would like to see covered by it gratefully received.
- We thought we had progressed enough to obtain a propoer domain name and go live in the New Year. Watch this space.